My free Bible study materials
These are my free Bible lessons I've used with success. You can access and download here. Read more about this material at this page.
Note: these cards can be printed out on strong paper and cut apart.
One Shot: 3 Card Salvation Plan
Points on how to use the One Shot: 3 Card salvation plan.
- This format is good for those who think they only got one shot to share Jesus.
- Due to its formatting this curriculum is shared in one setting. The time tends to last from 1-3 hrs.
- The card has a simple, "yes" and "no" response system. When someone reads a question, they look up the Bible verse in connection to the question. They read out loud the passage and circle the correct answer, "yes" or "no," according to what the scripture answered.
- The material is easy to print out on strong paper and the cards can then be cut apart from one another.
- I was taught to ask for a contacts "salvation story" first.. Different evangelists do this and recommend this process, Ricky Shanks, Brent Hunter, Bobby Bates, etc. The reason for this? From my work I have found that many people are baptized. They are baptized for every reason under the sun. Yet when they hear about baptism as a process of salvation, even if they were baptized to celebrate Easter, etc. They lump their baptism in with the NT Bible baptism for salvation. They assume, "I was baptized; therefore, I must be saved." Even if they were baptized for the wrong reasons. By asking for their salvation story and going over what they wrote down (together)...when the time comes to ask for a commitment with Jesus (for salvation) through baptism, they know/as do you, whether they were baptized for salvation, or were saved another way. Even if they change their story, it can be asked, "If you thought baptism saved you, why did you not write it down? if you’re not 100 percent sure you were saved correctly, why risk it?"
- I studied with a woman who said she said the sinners prayer, to be saved, then...was baptized a few weeks later to celebrate some church event. When she heard about baptism for salvation, she said, "I was baptized." I then pointed to the card and what she had discussed with me, and I pointed out, "you said you did the sinners prayer to be saved and 3 weeks later you were baptized." She said o yeah that’s right. This lady thought about it and wanted to make her life right and was baptized that day.
- This one shot lesson, has the Bible pages I use on the lessons. This is for people who have problems with turning to passages, due to not knowing where the Bible books/chapters are. My Bibles I use are here. But this lesson material can be edited by you to change the Bible pages accordingly to your preferred Bible book preferences.
- If you want to use your own lessons, but like the salvation story, you can download the material below, but choose to just use that one card by itself.
Salvation files to download
Last card for salvation lesson
One Shot: 3 Card Grounding Plan
I made this for the same reason I made the Salvation cards. If something happens and you feel you got one shot to share grounding themes, you can use this material. You can use 1 of Johnie's or Bobby Bates grounding lessons, as well. Keep in mind, this material, (3 Card Grounding) is basic. It outlines the 5 acts of worship and authority of the scriptures, but for denominations that practice many similar practices, I'd recommend Johnie's Edwards "Home Bible Study book." Johnie's material is much more in-depth. The 3 Card Grounding material has Bible reference page numbers and a simple "Yes" and "No" format. This material is free.
- This curriculum is good for young people who may have a harder time grasping Johnie's book.
- This curriculum is good for mentally slow or challenged people.
- This material is good for reintroducing grounding themes in a different format.
- This material is good for reinforcing core teachings to new converts.
- The study content is good for those who are wanting a quick grounding study source, due to time issues.
I also have these lesson in Spanish. The Spanish lessons have no Bible page numbers. Feel free to edit and add page numbers with preferred Bible, if wished.